Monday, May 20, 2013

Day 1- 19 Hours of Travel

Nineteen hours of travel later I'm in Prague, Czech Republic!! I woke up at 5a (PST) and took out of LAX by 9a. Flew to Miami (I got to see the Everglades for the first time!!!) and from Miami to Madrid. Now first off, to all those people on the transatlantic flight, if you didn't get up to stretch in those eight hours, I don't know how you do it. I got served breakfast twice within 18 hours and my body was very confused as to what  I should be enjoying. In Madrid I had an hour and a half to catch my LAST and final leg of my travel day. Now for you to truly feel my pain, google Madrid-Barajas airport layout and follow me. I had to take a five minute train ride from terminal 4S to 4. I had to get to gate K90. So after my little train ride I had to go through security...again. This is where my passport was stamped and thank GOD I understand Spanish because no one was helping me out in English. All the signs are in Spanish and NEVER have I had to say, "Tu hablas engles?" Yeah, no one in Spain does. I'm FINALLY at gate K52. Where on this planet is K90?! So one guy knew a little English and directed me towards the COMPLETE opposite end of the terminal. It was so far down the terminal there weren't even signs for it yet. I make it to K90 with 20 minutes to spare hop on Iberia Flight 3148 and land in Prague at 1:15pm (their time).

I was ready to seize the day. Kaja took me to get this photo:


I love how laid back this place is. I'm currently exhausted which is why this is not a very coherent blog post but tada!! You all got one and all the links are in Czech, so I'm feeling quite proud of myself :) Enjoy the rest of your Tuesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment